While rejecting Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) plea for extra weightage, Delhi University in a communication to the board has said that the varsity will not offer any “special” treatment to the UG aspirants from the board.As reported by TOI, a senior official in a meeting said, being a central university, DU treats Class 12 marks given by all boards in the country equally.Here’s what CBSE said in its plea:The board had earlier sought “appropriate weightage” for Class 12 students seeking admissions to the undergraduate programmes CBSE initiated this move so that the board does not lose out to candidates from other state boards that “inflate” Class 12 marks.Meanwhile, DU is all set to begin with the undergraduate (UG) admission process from May 22. (Check: DU Admissions 2017: ‘Open Days’ for students and parents to begin from this date) Last year, Delhi University began the admission process to various undergraduate courses on June 1.Last year’s data of students taking admission at DU:In 2016, over 1 lakh applications were received in two days by the university for its 60,000 undergraduate seats which actually raised concerns about whether colleges would increase their cut-offs.State-wise number of applications:From Delhi itself, DU received nearly 2.5 lakh applicationsLooking at other states, 50,246 forms were received from Uttar Pradesh (UP)More on the report:In order to decide on the request of CBSE, DU’s admission committee has set up a sub-committee of four college principalsThe meeting was held on April 24 by the Union HRD ministryFurther, the meeting was attended by 32 school education boards across the nationAfter a prolonged discussion, all the boards along with ministry agreed not to spike marksHere’s what a DU official said:While coming on the issue, a DU official in a recent TOI report said, “There have been issues with the boards from Tamil Nadu, Kerala or Andhra Pradesh among others on inflating marks. But they are not exceptions as even CBSE had been ‘inflating’ marks in the past.”advertisementMoreover, DU will be conducting ‘Open Days’ to counsel and guide the admission seekers and their parents.Read: DU Admissions 2017: Sports quota weightage increased to 60 per centRead: DU Admission 2017: List of entrance-based UG courses releasedFor information on more latest news and updates, click here.
HMD Global launched the Nokia 2.1, Nokia 3.1 and Nokia 5.1 only recently. All the three smartphones are currently available in China, but HMD Global is reportedly working on bringing the devices to other markets as well, including India. Alongside these follow-up Nokia phones, HMD Global is seemingly working on a new smartphone too. This is highly anticipated to be the Nokia 5.1 Plus. Renders of the Nokia 5.1 Plus were leaked last week, hinting at the upgraded version of the Nokia 5.1. The smartphone has now been spotted on Bluetooth certification site, hinting at the imminent launch.A Nokia smartphone with model number TA-1109 has appeared in Bluetooth certification. The listing doesn’t reveal much details about the smartphone though, and neither does it confirm the name of the phone. But, we are expecting it to be the Nokia 5.1 Plus. This is because according to a Nokiapowerhouse report the Nokia TA-1109 phone is seen listed with a MediaTek chipset on the certification site. This goes in line with a previous leak which revealed that the Nokia 5.1 Plus will come with a MediaTek chipset and not Snapdragon like the Nokia 5.1. Hence, we assume the TA-1109 to be the Nokia 5.1 Plus. However, nothing is official for now. It could either be the Nokia 5.1 Plus or any other Nokia phone.Renders of alleged Nokia 5.1 Plus were leaked last week showing off thin-bezels all around the phone and also a notch. Nokia X6, which has been launched recently, was the first phone by the company to come with an iPhone X-like notch. The Nokia 5.1 Pro is expected to be the second one. The notch on the top of the Nokia 5.1 display will include a front camera, earpiece, and some sensors.advertisementThe leaked renders show that the Nokia 5.1 Plus will sport a dual camera setup with LED flash for better low-light photo capture. Apart from the two cameras and the flash, the rear panel of the Nokia 5.1 Plus is expected to include a fingerprint sensor. The smartphone is rumoured to come with a USB Type-C port, a loudspeaker grill at the bottom and a 3.5mm headphone jack. The handset is also expected to come with a secondary microphone for noise cancellation.ALSO READ: Nokia 5.1 Plus may be in the works, CAD renders reveal notched display, dual camerasApart from the Nokia smartphone with model number TA-1109, two other phones with model numbers TA-1083 and TA-1116 have also appeared in Bluetooth certification. These two models are expected to be the global variants of the Nokia X6. Yet again, there’s no official confirmation on the same yet. According to Nokiapoweruser, the TA-1116 model was also spotted on Russian and Taiwan certification sites hinting at imminent release outside China soon. This could possibly mean that Nokia X6 is coming to India soon.
There is some sincerity when legendary sportsmen pick their legacy-candidate on retirement. Sachin Tendulkar tipped Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma. Yuvraj Singh singles out Delhi dasher Rishabh Pant.For Pant, having missed the flight to UK after selectors picked the experienced Dinesh Karthik over his exuberance, Yuvraj’s words of high praise should boost his confidence. “Rishabh Pant has potential to be better than me. And he has proven himself in a short span of time,” Yuvraj spoke in his retirement press conference.Delhi’s dynamic left hander was tipped to be India’s X factor in the World Cup campaign but his mixed performances in this season’s IPL and a few 50 overs opportunities he got before the World Cup, discouraged the selectors from picking him.But Yuvraj foresees a bright future for Pant on back of his clean striking ability as well as the maturity he has showcased in early part of his test career.”He scored two test hundreds away – in Australia and England. He has a lot of potential. He has it in him to be a very attacking and match winning left hander. I am really looking forward to seeing him in the next few years,” said Yuvraj.Yuvraj wasn’t impressed with India’s musical chairs for no.4 slot ahead of the World Cup but restrained himself from pressing the point. “There is a lot I want to say but I won’t. All I will say is we have to back whoever is picked to play at no.4 for the World Cup,” he said.advertisementAfter a series of trial and error, KL Rahul has started as India’s first choice no.4 batter in England with Vijay Shankar and Dinesh Karthik as possible backups. Rishabh Pant is one of the standbys outside the chosen squad of fifteen in case need arises for a replacement.Also Read | Rohit Sharma to Yuvraj Singh: Love you brotherman, you deserved a better send-offAlso Read | Enjoy retirement legend: Stuart Broad bids adieu to Yuvraj SinghAlso See
WTF What would national teams look like if they wore their country’s flag? Goal 02:19 10/10/17 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(6) @francooc07 WTF Albania v Italy Ecuador v Argentina Brazil v Chile Peru v Colombia Lithuania v England Belarus v Netherlands Brazil Ecuador Albania Italy Argentina Chile Lithuania Belarus Colombia Peru England Netherlands WC Qualification South America WC Qualification Europe World Cup Can you imagine Germany shunning their traditional white, or Italy swapping blue for their flag colours? Imagine no further – the results are here! Each international break injects a new wave of colour into the wave of football as iconic club shirts are folded away and national team kits take centre-stage. But the colours on show are a varied bunch. While some countries choose to stick closely to the hues on their flags and others are more liberal with their interpretations. Indeed, certain nations traditionally play in colours not even present on their flags, although in each case the choice relates to ancient symbols linked to the country. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Why Barcelona god Messi will never be worshipped in the same way in Argentina Lyon treble & England heartbreak: The full story behind Lucy Bronze’s dramatic 2019 Liverpool v Man City is now the league’s biggest rivalry and the bitterness is growing Megan Rapinoe: Born & brilliant in the U.S.A. Germany, for instance, play in white as it was the colour of the now-defunct Kingdom of Prussia that predated the modern republic, while Italy’s distinctive royal blue is indeed royal in origin, coming from the House of Savoy that previously sat as head of state – a similar tale to Netherlands’ fairly self-explanatory House of Orange.What would happen, however, if the likes of the Azzurri were forced to play in a kit more closely resembling the colours of their flags? The results can be seen below and are courtesy of Franco Carabajal who published the designs on Behance: ARGENTINABELGIUMBOLIVIABRAZILCHILECOLOMBIAENGLANDGERMANYITALYJAPANMEXICONETHERLANDSPERUSPAINUNITED STATESURUGUAY
TagsLoan MarketAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Man City keeper Zack Steffen delighted with first Fortuna Dusseldorf clean sheetby Paul Vegas3 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveZack Steffen was delighted with a first clean sheet for Fortuna Dusseldorf on the weekend.On-loan from Manchester City, Steffen has been superb for Fortuna this season – but hadn’t managed a clean sheet.That is until the weekend’s 1-0 win over Mainz.Steffen said, “Sometimes I like that when I have nothing to do. I’ll take that with me. I’m just totally happy and overjoyed that I finally did not concede a goal. That’s really good for me. “This is the credit of our defence. The guys did a great job. We finally showed that we can defend our goal when we totally concentrate for 90 minutes.”
Indo Asian News Agency KolkataApril 29, 2019UPDATED: April 29, 2019 17:45 IST Kolkata are placed 5th in the points table with 5 wins out of 12 matches in IPL 2019. ( Courtesy by BCCI)HIGHLIGHTSKolkata Knight Riders have lost 5 out of their 12 matches in IPL 2019Kolkata’s 4 out 5 defeats have come at the Eden Gardens, their home groundKKR CEO Venky Mysore has ruled out the option of playing their home matches outside KolkataWhile admitting that the Eden Gardens wicket hasn’t exactly been what they wanted, Kolkata Knight Riders CEO Venky Mysore said they have themselves to blame more for the spate of losses this season. Mysore also ruled out the option of playing their home matches outside Kolkata.KKR snapped a six-game losing streak to beat Mumbai Indians by 34 runs on Sunday night to keep their playoff hopes alive. The two time champions, who traditionally bank on their spinners to deliver the goods, failed to do that on an Eden track which was a batting paradise and hardly assisted turn.”You build a team based on your home conditions primarily because you’re playing seven games there. So it’s been slightly unusual in that sense. That’s (home advantage) a good thing and that’s how rivalries are built up,” Mysore told reporters on the sidelines of a charity event.Mysore said they would have discussions with the Cricket Association of Bengal top brass including Sourav Ganguly on getting the home advantage but there’s no question of moving away. “We will try and continue to have good discussions with the CAB, curator, the president and others to make sure that as home team we should have some advantage.”We are a Kolkata team. The kind of love affair, romance that has built up between KKR, the city and the fans is most gratifying. The team also recognises it. We are grateful for that. The kind of support we get here is incredible,” Mysore said.Mysore pointed out that despite the string of poor shows, fans have turned up in numbers. “Until yesterday, we had lost six in a row but every game was pretty much sold out. Fans have come and cheered us all the way. That’s great to see. That just shows, while fans get frustrated with results as we all do, the support remains and it continues. So there is no question of that type of a thought process,” he maintained.advertisement”In all fairness, we have probably not played to our potential. If some of the results had gone our way, we would not be talking about the conditions, pitch and all that,” he said.Russell was promoted to No 3 on Sunday after the West Indies all-rounder expressed his displeasure. The 30-year old slammed an unbeaten 80 from 40 balls.Head coach Jacques Kallis said it was a collective decision to send Russell at No 3. “We are a team that plays according to the situation. We had a good start so we decided that Russell bats higher up to get maximum number of overs. Fortunately it worked for us,” the South African great said.Also Read | IPL 2019: Try to make sure no back-biting in KKR camp, says Dinesh KarthikAlso Read | Chris Gayle feels after Virat Kohli, KL Rahul will serve Indian cricket for longAlso SeeFor sports news, updates, live scores and cricket fixtures, log on to indiatoday.in/sports. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for Sports news, scores and updates.Get real-time alerts and all the news on your phone with the all-new India Today app. Download from Post your comment Do You Like This Story? Awesome! Now share the story Too bad. Tell us what you didn’t like in the comments Posted byAnita Jat Tags :Follow IPL 2019Follow Venky MysoreFollow Kolkata Knight RidersFollow KKRFollow Eden Gardens IPL 2019: Home advantage good thing, will speak to Ganguly, says KKR CEOKolkata Knight Riders have lost 4 out of 7 of their home matches at the Eden Gardens but KKR CEO Venky Mysore said the pitch can’t be blamed for such results. The team CEO ruled out any possibilty of moving away from Kolkata as their home ground.advertisement
Four agricultural companies have been awarded funding to help strengthen their infrastructure and sustainability. “This funding will assist producers and processors in accelerating their economic potential and development,” said Agriculture Minister Brooke Taylor today, Dec. 22. “They were chosen for their strong business plans and benefits for the agri-food industry as a whole.” Funding has been approved for: Melvin Farms Limited, to develop a fresh-cut cauliflower line and add value to their farm business Farmer John’s Herbs, to increase capacity and further develop a fresh Nova Scotia herb processing business Van Dyk’s Health Juice Products Limited, to expand into the Asian market and increase export sales of wild blueberry juice Acadian Maple Products Limited, to develop and increase capacity for maple industry processing and packing The businesses applied under the Strategic Infrastructure Investment Fund. To date, more than $3.2 million has been committed from the $6-million, four-year fund. “The Department of Agriculture continues to help Nova Scotia producers and the agriculture industry as a whole,” said Mr. Taylor. “The Strategic Infrastructure Investment Fund promotes creativity and partnerships in our industry.” More information on the Strategic Infrastructure Investment Fund can be found at www.gov.ns.ca/agri/ .
Canada’s Bianca Andreescu has advanced to the semifinals at the U.S. Open, defeating Elise Mertens of Belgium in three sets, 3-6, 6-2, 6-3.The 15th seed dropped a set for the first time in the tournament, but recovered to improve to 31-4 with two titles this season.It was the 12th consecutive three-set victory for the Canadian, who moved into her first career Grand Slam semifinal against No. 13 seed Belinda Bencic of Switzerland.“This is honestly so crazy,” she said in her televised post-match interview on court. “A year ago I was in the qualifying round. I was suffering from a back injury. And now, what I’ve accomplished this year, I’m speechless.“I need someone to pinch me right now. Is this real life?”Andreescu, making her first appearance at the U.S. Open, is the first Canadian woman to reach the semifinals of the final Grand Slam of the season in singles since Carling Bassett in 1984.She joins Venus Williams, Chris Evert and Pam Shriver as only the fourth woman to make it to a U.S. Open semifinal in their first appearance.The 19-year-old becomes the youngest semifinalist at Flushing Meadows since Caroline Wozniacki was also 19 when she was the runner-up in 2009.Believe it, Bianca The 19-year old In the early going, everything went right for Mertens, who clipped lines with regularity. The unforced errors piled up for Andreescu.Mertens won 82 per cent of the points on her own second serve in that first set. Andreescu had to settle for a 26 per cent success rate.She did her best to pump herself up, though. And she cleaned up her game significantly even as Mertens’s level dropped from the championship level she displayed in the first set.Bianca breaks Andreescu has had plenty of slow starts in 2019, and has built a reputation for turning things around.She has 43 matches wins on the season, and needed three sets to win 17 of those. Of those three-set wins, 10 came after she lost the first set.Should Andreescu manage to get past Bencic and into finals, she could set up a rematch with Serena Williams, who was forced to retire in their Rogers Cup final last month.Williams, a six-time U.S. Open champion, will face fifth-seeded Elina Svitolina in the other semifinal.Andreescu will end up in the top 10 when the new rankings come out Monday.She should end up no lower than No. 9. Either Svitolina or Williams can still pass her. But not both, as they’ll meet in the semifinals Thursday night.Files from The Canadian Press were used in this report
After initially leaving the theatre she returned and accepted the rule. But Adeliyi says theatre owner Rui Pereira intervened to refuse her entry, and instead called the police and told her she would be arrested. Login/Register With: “This went from zero to 100 very quickly,” said Adeliyi, noting the owner started filming and taking pictures of her. She adds that when he called 911 and described her as “a black woman wearing black and being disruptive,” she realized she was “dealing with something deeper.” Advertisement LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Advertisement Local actress Wendy Olunike Adeliyi just wanted to see the movie Loving. But she says she was denied entry to Kingsway Theatre in a case of racial discrimination, and is demanding an apology. “When you describe someone as black and dangerous and threatening, that has gotten a lot of black women and men killed,” she added, noting she never raised her voice during the encounter. She said she’s considering filing a formal complaint.CLICK HERE TO SEE THE ORIGINAL ARTICLE ON eBOSS Facebook Advertisement Twitter Pereira strongly denies any discrimination, and says the theatre was simply enforcing its policies. Adeliyi, who has appeared in TV series such as Workin’ Moms, Republic of Doyle and Flashpoint, said she was refused a movie ticket unless she surrendered her backpack. Her backpack contained a laptop and money and she felt uncomfortable turning it over.