Organisation to go further Morocco / Western SaharaMiddle East – North Africa News June 8, 2021 Find out more Reporters Without Borders condemns the arrest today of Ali Anouzla, editor of the Arabic-language news portal Lakome who was detained after posting a video message purporting to be from Al Qaeda’s North African wing on his site.“We call for the immediate release of Ali Anouzla who published the video for purely informative reasons,” the press freedom organization said. “It is intolerable that a journalist should be prosecuted for keeping the public informed and that computers should be seized from the Lakome editorial offices.“If proceedings are taken against him, we shall be paying close attention to ensure the investigation scrupulously adheres to the principles of independent inquiry in a case in which freedom of expression is clearly at stake.”In a statement issued by the Rabat prosecutor’s office, the crown attorney general said: “Following the publication by the online newspaper Lakome of a video attributed to Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM), which includes an unequivocal and direct incitement to commit terrorist acts in the Kingdom of Morocco, the prosecutor general has given instructions to the criminal investigation police to arrest the head of the online newspaper for investigation.” The news portal’s offices were searched by the police who seized the central processors of its computer system and questioned the journalists who were present. Anouzla was taken into custody by the national brigade of the criminal investigation police in Casablanca, which is responsible for terrorist matters.His lawyer, Naima Guellaf, told Reporters Without Borders the prosecutor’s office would not allow her to contact her client by phone or to see him in person until this Friday. The management of the French version of Lakomeposted its condemnation of the arrest of its Arabic-language editor on the site and pointed out that the portal had only published a link to the video.It added that it was a propaganda video and was presented as such in an article published on the 14 September about AQIM, an organization that none of its websites support. It points out that the publication of AQIM videos is “common practice in the international media … The AQIM video was also posted, for example, by the news site Huffington Post (France), while other news organizations such as L’Express and LCI published a link enabling readers to view the video on YouTube”. The justice minister, Mustapha Ramid, said in a separate statement that the Moroccan government planned to issue proceedings in Spain against the newspaper El Pais for publishing the video on its website. The daily’s North African correspondent Ignacio Cembrero told Reporters Without Borders action could be taken against the paper could be prosecuted for publishing an “apologia for crime”.The video, entitled “Morocco, kingdom of corruption and despotism”, was published last week on several electronic media outlets before it was removed by YouTube for breaching its policy on violent content.Anouzla is well known for his columns critical of the government and his calls for greater press freedom. The Lakome site was the first to report on the “Danielgate” case, about the Spanish paedophile Daniel Galván who was pardoned by mistake by Morocco’s King Mohammed. It is not the first time he has been investigated by the justice authorities. A case has been pending against him since 17 June for publishing an article about a tribal brawl in a district of Fez, in which there were casualties. Although he immediately withdrew the report and published a denial, he was accused of deliberately publishing false information in breach of article 42 of the Moroccan press code. He was summoned and charged by the Fez police. His trial, originally scheduled for 26 July, was postponed until late September.Anouzla told Reporters Without Borders at the time that he was the victim of a campaign of harassment and judicial persecution. The erroneous story was first carried by the website Rasd, which published a subsequent report on 18 July explaining that the original story was made up to demonstrate that some journalists were less that scrupulous in checking the facts. Several sites, including Hibapress.com and scoop.ma, also picked up the fake story but have not so far been prosecuted.Anouzla, former editor and publisher of the daily Al-Jarida Al-Oula, was prosecuted in a Rabat court in 2009 over a report about the health of the king, quoting an unidentified medical source. He was convicted of publishing false information and “mendacious allegations and facts with the intention of causing harm”. NSO Group hasn’t kept its promises on human rights, RSF and other NGOs say Help by sharing this information RSF joins Middle East and North Africa coalition to combat digital surveillance News Morocco / Western SaharaMiddle East – North Africa Hunger strike is last resort for some imprisoned Moroccan journalists RSF_en News Receive email alerts September 19, 2013 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Website editor held for posting Al Qaeda video April 15, 2021 Find out more News Follow the news on Morocco / Western Sahara April 28, 2021 Find out more
LimerickNewsDisney+ launches in Ireland todayBy Meghann Scully – March 24, 2020 228 RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Billy Lee names strong Limerick side to take on Wicklow in crucial Division 3 clash Facebook Email These providers will have the ability to include Disney+ in wholesale and retail packages for their subscribers. Specifics of those offers vary per company.Disney also has a retail distribution deal with Sky, making Disney+ available in Ireland and the UK on Sky Q, to be followed by NOW TV in the coming months.Pricing for Disney+ has been confirmed at €6.99 per month, or €69.99 for an annual subscription. Following its initial European launch markets, additional Western Europe markets, including Belgium, the Nordics, and Portugal, will follow in summer 2020.Full details and information on how to subscribe are available on Disneyplus.com. With over 500 films, 26 exclusive original movies and series and thousands of television episodes from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and more, Disney+ is the new streaming home for some of the world’s most beloved stories.“Launching in seven markets simultaneously marks a new milestone for Disney+,“ said Kevin Mayer, Chairman of Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International.“As the streaming home for Disney, Marvel, Pixar, Star Wars, and National Geographic, Disney+ delivers high-quality, optimistic storytelling that fans expect from our brands, now available broadly, conveniently, and permanently on Disney+.“We humbly hope that this service can bring some much-needed moments of respite for families during these difficult times.” he added.Starting today, subscribers can enjoy 26 Disney+ Originals titles including “The Mandalorian,” the epic first-ever live-action Star Wars series; “Lady and the Tramp,” a live-action re-telling of the 1955 animated classic; “High School Musical: The Musical: The Series,” the all-new scripted series set at the real-life East High featured in the hit movies;“The World According to Jeff Goldblum” docu-series from National Geographic; “Marvel’s Hero Project,” which celebrates extraordinary kids making a difference in their communities; “Encore!,” executive produced by the multi-talented Kristen Bell;“The Imagineering Story” a 6-part documentary from Emmy and Academy Award-nominated filmmaker Leslie Iwerks and animated short film collections “SparkShorts” and “Forky Asks A Question” from Pixar Animation Studios.Disney+ is also the new streaming home of the iconic animated series “The Simpsons,” with over 600 episodes available together on-demand for the first time. At launch, seasons 1 to 30 will be available, with season 31 coming to the service later in the year.Watch Anywhere, Anytime Audiences can stream Disney+ on nearly all major mobile and connected TV devices from today, including gaming consoles, streaming media players, and smart TVs.Subscribers can enjoy commercial-free viewing, up to four concurrent streams, unlimited downloads on up to ten devices, personalised recommendations, and the ability to set up to seven different profiles, including the ability for parents to set Kids Profiles that have an easy to navigate, child-friendly interface to access age-appropriate content.Consumers can subscribe up for Disney+ directly or via in-app purchase from the following platforms and devices:Amazon (Fire TV devices, Fire TV Edition smart TVs, and Fire Tablets)Apple (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple TV, and fully integrated with the Apple TV app in the UK and Germany; customers can subscribe to Disney+ via in-app purchase)Google (Android phones, Android TV devices, Google Chromecast and Chromecast built-in devices)LG Smart TVs with webOSMicrosoft (Xbox One)Roku (Roku® streaming players and Roku TV™ models) in Ireland and the UK from today, and France from 7th AprilSamsung Smart TVsSony / Sony Interactive Entertainment (Android-based Sony TVs and PlayStation®4) For customer support, subscribers are encouraged to view the online Help Centre for answers to the most common questions, along with articles designed to help them navigate Disney+. Linkedin Twitter Previous articleShannon Airport is continuing to facilitate flights to repatriate passengersNext articleLimerick Post Show | Cllr Elisa O’Donovan talks Covid-19 Meghann Scully Through a comprehensive distribution plan and several strategic agreements, Disney+ is also available across multiple premier distributors in Europe with regional deals including:Deutsche Telekom in GermanyO2 in the UKTelefonica in SpainTIM in ItalyCanal+ in France (from April 7th) TAGSDisneyfilmsKeeping Limerick PostedlimerickLimerick PostmoviesWalt Disney Disney+, the highly anticipated streaming service from The Walt Disney Company, launches today in Ireland, the UK, Germany, Italy, Spain, Austria, and Switzerland.The service will launch in France on April 7th. In light of concerns regarding the current ability of certain broadband infrastructure to handle the anticipated consumer demand for Disney+, the service will now feature a lower overall bandwidth utilisation by at least 25%. WhatsApp WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed live Print Advertisement Donal Ryan names Limerick Ladies Football team for League opener Predictions on the future of learning discussed at Limerick Lifelong Learning Festival Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live
Following years of regulatory inspections, allegations of fraud and lawsuits, John Dee Carruth, president/CEO of the $598 million, Tuscaloosa, Ala.-based Alabama One Credit Union, said he has proof of a state government conspiracy against him, several of his colleagues and his financial institution.Carruth shared dozens of emails, depositions and other documents with CU Times, which he said is evidence that attorney Justice D. “Jay” Smyth, III conspired with his political friends to force Alabama One to settle lawsuits for millions of dollars. continue reading » 8SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr
2SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr Managing Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering risk requires careful and extensive planning and governance. A credit union should establish a sound BSA/AML program to properly identify, measure, monitor, and control its risks. BSA/AML regulatory enforcement actions can greatly impair a credit union’s image and reputation.There are four pillars to an effective BSA/AML program: 1) development of internal policies, procedures, and related controls, 2) designation of a compliance officer, 3) a thorough and ongoing training program, and 4) independent review for compliance.National Credit Union Administration guidelines require that credit unions periodically perform a comprehensive risk assessment of their BSA/AML programs.The Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council’s BSA/AML Risk Assessment also is an important tool for quantitatively and qualitatively documenting your program’s effectiveness. continue reading »
The house at 2 Sapphire St, Hollywell sold for $2.6 million.RiskWise chief executive Doron Peleg said buying a bargain property did not necessarily mean buying a cheap one.“It’s more about knowing where to buy for long-term capital gain,” Mr Peleg said.“Sure, there are a lot of well-priced houses out there but if they are not expected to grow in value down the track then they aren’t the best buy.”Hollywell, a lifestyle suburb on the northern Gold Coast characterised by older-style houses ideal for renovations, has a median price of $786,614, according to CoreLogic data.More from news02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa12 hours ago02:37Gold Coast property: Sovereign Islands mega mansion hits market with $16m price tag2 days agoIt has had capital growth of 13 per cent over the past year, 25 per cent over the past three years and 35 per cent over the past five years. Hollywell has been identified as the top spot to bag a bargain home in Queensland. New research has identified the top 10 spots in Australia to bag a bargain home.HOUSE hunters looking for a bargain buy that will increase in value over the next few years are being urged to consider the Gold Coast.Two Coast suburbs are listed on property researcher RiskWise’s top 10 places across the country that are tipped to record solid capital growth.Norlane and Lovely Banks in Victoria secured the first two spots, but the rest are in Queensland — headed by Hollywell.Gaven also featured, ranking sixth. Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 1:58Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -1:58 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels720p720pHD576p576p360p360p216p216pAutoA, selectedAudio Tracken (Main), selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenWhy location is everything in real estate01:59 Australia’s top 10 bargain suburbs ranked by property researcher RiskWise.Harcourts Coastal agent Tim Zampech said its location made it a popular suburb.“I think it’s because it’s the neighbour suburb to Paradise Point,” he said.“Paradise Point has always been a really big hotspot … Hollywell is the next best thing.”He said it was a small area and there were only a few houses listed at any one time so people often did not know about the suburb until they started looking for property in the area.“It’s one of those suburbs that a lot of people don’t know is there,” he said.He believed demand would increase as more people discovered it, increasing prices further.Gaven has also seen strong growth on its median house price, which is $748,366.It jumped 12 per cent over the past year, 24 per cent in three years and 28 over five years.LJ Hooker Mudgeeraba agent John Fischer said the suburb offered mostly acreage properties with easy access to M1 and the Coast’s amenities.“The position is very central to everything on the Gold Coast so I can see why it would be having good growth,” he said.“I reckon prices probably will continue to grow.“It’s very good value for money at the moment so it’s a good time to get in.” The house at 39-41 Columbine Way, Gaven sold for $1.07 million.