Complete Cast Set for All-Female Henry IV at Donmar Warehouse

first_img View Comments Joining Harriet Walter as King Henry, Jade Anouka as Hotspur, Clare Dunne as Hal and Ashley McGuire as Falstarr are Elizabeth Chan as Northumberland and Peto, Jackie Clune as Westmorland and Glendower, Shiloh Coke as Mortimer, Karen Dunbar as Vernon and Bardolph, Cynthia Erivo as Poins and the Earl of Douglas, Zainab Hasan as Hostess, Jennifer Joseph as Sit Walter Blunt, Ann Ogbomo as Worcester, Katie Robinson as Hotspur’s Messenger and Sharon Rooney as Lady Percy and Gadshill. In addition to the run at Mulberry School for Girls, the Donmar will host a series of creative workshops around the production and will collaborate with Clean Break, a theatre company that works with women who have been affected by the criminal justice system. The production will feature designs by Ellen Nabarro and Bunny Christie, costumes by Deborah Andrews, lighting design by Neil Austin, sound design by Tom Gibbons and original music by Gary Yershon. The complete cast is set for the previously announced all-female Henry IV at the Donmar Warehouse. The production, directed by Phyllida Lloyd, who returns to the Donmar after her 2012 all-female Julius Caesar, which later transfered to New York’s St. Ann’s Warehouse, will weave action from both Henry IV Part I and Part II to create a single narrative. Shakespeare’s history play will begin at the Donmar from October 3 through November 29, with opening night set for October 9. Following the run, the production will play for one week at Mulberry School for Girls in Tower Hamlets as part of its extensive educational outreach initiative.last_img read more

Indonesia reports H5N1 case in 3-year-old

first_imgOct 30, 2007 (CIDRAP News) – A 3-year-old Indonesian boy hospitalized in Jakarta has H5N1 avian influenza, the country’s health ministry announced yesterday.Nyoman Kandun, director of disease control for Indonesia’s health ministry, said two laboratory tests confirmed that the boy has the H5N1 virus, according to a report from Xinhua, China’s state news agency. A Reuters report yesterday said the boy’s symptoms were minor.If the boy’s illness is confirmed by the World Health Organization (WHO), it will be recorded as Indonesia’s 111th case.The boy is from Tangerang, just west of Jakarta, and lives in the same neighborhood as a 5-year-old girl who died of an H5N1 infection on Oct 22, Reuters reported. Kandun told Xinhua there were no family links between the two children. Another recent case-patient in Indonesia, a 12-year-old boy who died Oct 13, also was from Tangerang.Chicken deaths were reported near the homes of the 3-year-old and the 5-year-old, the Reuters report said. Kandun said the boy had a history of contact with dead birds at his home, according to Xinhua.Suharda Ningrum, a spokesperson from the health ministry’s avian flu center, told Xinhua that the boy got sick on Oct 22 and was hospitalized 5 days later.Indonesia has the most H5N1 cases and deaths of any country—111 and 89, respectively. The WHO’s global H5N1 count for now (excluding the 3-year-old) stands at 332 cases and 204 deaths.See also:Oct 25 WHO statement about case in 5-year-old Indonesian girlhttp://www.who.int/csr/don/2007_10_25/en/index.htmllast_img read more

State’s Re-Opening Task Force Launches Public Comment Portal

first_imgThe Re-Open Florida Task Force launched a public comment submission portal on Saturday.The task force, which is due to give its recommendations to Gov. Ron DeSantis as the week begins, is seeking the public’s feedback regarding the safe re-opening of the state’s economy.Floridians may submit feedback on any topic related to the re-opening, including the impacts to small business, healthcare, education, tourism, agriculture, retail, recreation and sports, and construction.Access the public comment submission portal here.last_img