Cabaret Performance Canceled Due to Alan Cumming Falling Ill

first_img Starring Cumming and Oscar nominee Michelle Williams, Cabaret transforms the legendary Studio 54 into the Kit Kat Club, a seedy 1930s Berlin nightclub where a young English cabaret performer (Williams) encounters an American writer (Heck), under the watchful eye of a zealous Master of Ceremonies (Cumming). The John Kander and Fred Ebb musical features such iconic tunes as “Willkommen,” “Don’t Tell Mama,” “Maybe This Time” and “Cabaret.” The Roundabout Theatre Company revival marks the return of director Sam Mendes and co-director/choreographer Rob Marchall’s 1998 production. Show Closed This production ended its run on March 29, 2015 Star Files View Comments Cumming tweeted: “So sorry that tonight’s @Cabaret_Musical is cancelled. I’ve got the flu. Feeling wretched in all ways but enjoying sweaty hallucinations.” Feel better soon! Life is no cabaret without our Emcee! Cabaret Related Shows Wie geht’s? Comment ca va? Do you feel good? Unfortunately, the answer for Mr. Alan Cumming tonight is a negative. The Tony winner has fallen ill and as a result, the March 28 performance of Cabaret has been canceled. Since the show is only in the first week of previews, the understudy has yet to be rehearsed. Performances are expected to resume tomorrow as scheduled. Alan Cumminglast_img read more

Bank guru says swings will persist through stable times

first_imgTo access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletterslast_img

Arsenal Ships out Nwakali on Loan

first_imgPremier League side Arsenal will ship out Nigeria’s Under-20 skippe,r Kelechi Nwakali, overseas on loan, AfricanFootball.com reported yesterday.Nwakali turned 18 last month and he will sign a five-year professional contract with the London Gunners after he would have led the Flying Eagles to qualify for next year’s Under-20 AFCON later this month.“Nwakali is not in (Arsene) Wenger’s immediate plans and it will take some time before his application for a work permit is processed and so it is most likely he will be sent out on loan possibly to a club in Belgium,” a top source said. Nwakali was the MVP when Nigeria won a record fifth FIFA Under-17 World Cup in Chile in November.Nigeria’s Under-17 teammate Samuel Chukwueze’s proposed move to join Nwakali at The Emirates has fallen through.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more

Greece and eurozone fail to agree on way forward

first_img Facebook Twitter: @NeosKosmos Instagram The Eurogroup ended without agreement between Greece and its eurozone partners but also without a joint statement on how to move forward.“We explored a number of issues, one of which was the current program,” Eurogroup president Jeroen Dijsselbloem told a news conference in Brussels.“We discussed the possibility of an extension. For some that is clear that is preferred option but we haven’t come to that conclusion as yet. We will need a little more time.”It appears that the two sides had agreed to release a joint statement but that last minute objections from the Greek delegations, which was led by Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis and Deputy Prime Minister Yiannis Dragasakis, led to the process being abandoned.Mr Dijsselbloem said that the all the eurozone finance ministers would reconvene on Monday, which is the last planned Eurogroup meeting of the month, to reassess the situation but there would be no discussion between experts or visits to Athens in the meantime.Mr Varoufakis made a brief statement to reporters after the meeting and played down a failure to reach a common position. He said he believed a “healing deal” could be reached on Monday.He denied that the sticking point had been an insistence from Greece’s eurozone partners to extend the existing bailout and said there were no threats towards Greece during the meeting.“We explained whey this bailout is not working,” he said. “We want a new contract with Europe.”Government sources in Athens who spoke to Kathimerini insisted that Greece would not accept an extension to the current bailout and that negotiations would continue with the aim of reaching a “mutually acceptable solution.”They added that the Greek representatives at the Eurogroup were able to set out the government’s argument that the bailouts had failed and to explain the extent of the humanitarian impact of the crisis, as well as to discuss concerns about Greece’s public debt.Source: Kathimerinilast_img read more