Video: Leonard Fournette Can Squat 400 Pounds Pretty Easily

first_imgLeonard Fournette squats during workouts.Leonard Fournette SquatWe’ve already covered here how much of a beast LSU running back Leonard Fournette is. He’s an incredible talent on the field and by the looks of things, a hard worker off of it.Today, Fournette posted a video on Twitter showing him squatting 400 pounds with ease. I had to take a lost so I could cherish this ish @1future 400 easy @LSUfball pic.twitter.com/C1MaFU2SEL— 7⃣ (@_fournette) February 16, 2016That weight is nothing for him. SEC defenders beware.last_img

LNG Canada awards construction contract to Japanese and US firms Nikkei Asian

first_imgStory courtesy Nikkei Asian Review: https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Business-Deals/Long-stalled-LNG-plant-revived-as-Asia-ditches-coal TOKYO, JAPAN — The Nikkei Asian Review is reporting that Japan-based JGC Corp and U.S. firm Fluor have won a contract to design and build the LNG Canada liquefied natural gas project for an estimated $14 billion.Nikkei has not named sources in its article, but says that LNG Canada should begin liquefying natural gas for shipments to China, South Korea and other Asian markets by roughly 2023. Transporting LNG to Asia takes just eight days from the B.C. North Coast, compared with 20 days from the Gulf of Mexico and 14 from the Middle East.China surpassed South Korea last year to become the second-largest importer by volume, a 50 percent from 2016. Japan ranks as the world’s largest importer, while demand is also growing in India and Southeast Asia.last_img read more

Volunteers needed to help Old Fort Residents

first_imgFORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – Volunteers are needed to help residents of the Old Fort.On Sunday, the Peace River Regional District said they would let some residents temporarily enter their homes starting Monday.  Local volunteers Jeff Garrison and MP Bob Zimmer were also asked on Sunday to help organize volunteers that will help residents winterize their homes and help move any belongings using riverboats.In a video posted to Facebook late Sunday night, Garrison said “what we are looking for volunteers to provide riverboats, people to help move items.  There is nothing we can’t use you for.” If you would like to help, meet at Evangel Downtown Church on Monday night from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.  Garrison says volunteers will be needed starting on Tuesday.Last week Jeff Garrison and Bob Zimmer lead a group of volunteers to residents in the Old Fort, despite the evacuation order being in place.  Following that effort, the Peace River Regional District offered to work with the group once the area became safe to access.last_img read more

CODE RED is seeking Donations

first_imgWhole Wheat and HoneyInvestors Group Wealth ManagementA link to the FB Page CLICK HEREA link to the FB Event Page CLICK HERE FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – CODE RED is a week-long feminine hygiene drive from December 17th – 21st, 2018CODE RED is a Campaign that is collecting feminine hygiene products for those in need, these items are often overlooked and are essential for a woman, for one week, once a month.Creator of the campaign Jessica Telizyn is a resident of FSJ who is currently enrolled in University in another Province and was inspired by a ‘Period Club’ at her school, she recognized there is a real need for this type of help in any community. All collected feminine hygiene products are broken into period-packs that will be donated to the Fort St John Women’s Resource Society. The campaign will help women to have access to the tampons or pads they need to get them through the month when in some cases they could be going without feminine hygiene products altogether.Donating can be newly purchased boxes as well as open boxes of pads or tampons that you may have as these items are individually wrapped and are ok to donate. The last day of the drive these packages will be separated to create period-packs, customized bags including the supplies needed to help that individual woman get through her menstrual cycle.Although this drive is focused on feminine sanitary protection, other toiletries will be accepted such as shampoo and body wash.Drop off locations:Comfort & JoyTaylor District Ice Center Concessionlast_img read more

Syncrude wants judge to dismiss lawsuit of former firefighter with PTSD

first_imgSyncrude disputes Swan was being forced back to work too soon.“Syncrude relied upon the available medical reports and medical advice when formulating the gradual return-to-work plan for the plaintiff, and, further, Syncrude had no contradicting medical reports indicating that the plaintiff should not return to Fort McMurray or the Aurora Mine site.”Swan said Syncrude first punished him for joining the program too late and then again for staying in it too long. He was fired last September.Syncrude spokesman Leithan Slade said Thursday the company has nothing to add to its statement of defence “other than that Syncrude greatly values and supports its employees.”Swan said he’ll never work as a first responder again, but he’s exploring retraining options through the WCB.The WCB’s support is helpful, he added, but he is under financial strain. His sister has set up a GoFundMe page for legal and medical expenses.“This is embarrassing, but I’m collecting some bottles and stuff and rolling change,” he said.“I’m not looking for a handout or to be set up the rest of my life. I’d just like to hold Syncrude accountable and get back to the workforce.” “At no time during the plaintiff’s employment did Syncrude demonstrate an intention not to be bound by the employment agreement. The plaintiff, however, relocated from Fort McMurray to Calgary without notice to Syncrude and subsequently abandoned his employment.”The claims by Swan and Syncrude have not been tested in court.Swan, 44, began working for Syncrude in 2002 as a heavy equipment operator at its mining operations north of Fort McMurray, Alta. Five years later, he joined the company’s fire department, which sometimes responds to calls in the surrounding community.The former firefighter and paramedic has said that no single event triggered his PTSD, but that it built up gradually. He said his symptoms were in full force by the time a ferocious wildfire swept into Fort McMurray in 2016. He was diagnosed a year later.Syncrude said Swan attended an intake screening for a traumatic psychological injury program organized through the Workers’ Compensation Board in October 2017, but he “unilaterally chose not to return” for treatment.Swan explained Wednesday that he joined the program later than Syncrude wanted because his own psychologist wished to ensure Swan was in the right condition for it. CALGARY, A.B. – Oilsands giant Syncrude Canada wants a judge to dismiss a lawsuit by a former first responder who claims he was wrongfully fired following a diagnosis of post-traumatic stress disorder.Michael Swan filed the lawsuit in Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench late last year seeking damages for lost compensation and benefits, improper paycheque deductions and in lieu of reasonable notice. His also seeks “moral or aggravated damages for bad faith throughout the employment relationship” and punitive damages.“Syncrude denies that the plaintiff was at any time penalized due to his disability or that Syncrude failed to treat the plaintiff with civility, decency, dignity and respect,” the company said in a statement of defence filed last month.center_img He said the program offered structured full-day treatment that included group sessions, exercise and meditation. He said he found it challenging and rewarding.“By the time I was ending it, I had come so far. I was able to talk with people and share my experience, which aids people suffering from PTSD immensely.”In February 2018, Syncrude told Swan he had to return to work within a week, even though his care team and the WCB did not think he was ready, his lawsuit alleges.Swan said he completed the program last summer. While he found it helpful, he said he spent a lot of time there dealing with his anger at Syncrude rather than his PTSD.last_img read more

JDS min says his party workers might have voted for BJP remark

first_imgBengaluru: Karnataka minister G T Deve Gowda on Wednesday said that his party JD(S)’ workers in Mysuru and elsewhere might have voted for the BJP, underlining the unease between ruling coalition partners. The Congress and the JDS had fought the Lok Sabha elections together, but the seat sharing understanding was marred by differences between members of the two parties which had been bitter rivals before they joined hands to form government. “There were some differences between the two parties. Take Udbur for example. People fought like there any panchayat election. “Those who were in Congress voted for Congress and those in JD(S) voted for the BJP. Similar things happened elsewhere too,” Gowda told reporters in Mysuru. Also Read – 2019 most peaceful festive season for J&K: Jitendra SinghGowda added that if the two parties could have combined their strength, there was no scope for the BJP to win even five seats out of 28 in Karnataka. He also pointed out that coalition should have been formalised much earlier for better coordination and results. The statement triggered a strong reaction from the Congress, with its state president Dinesh Gundu Rao saying it was not good for the coalition government. Expressing shock, Rao said, “I am not able to figure out how he (Gowda) had worked during the election because he has given contradictory statements. Such statements are not good for the coalition government.” “Such things would happen because those given responsibility did not work sincerely. There seems to be lack of sincerity,” the Congress leader said. He also junked Gowda’s statement about delay in formalising the alliance. “We formed the coalition much earlier. There was no delay in forming the coalition…” Mpostlast_img read more

Despite secure CCHA footing Ohio State mens hockey heads to Miami desperate

The Ohio State men’s ice hockey team will bring its regular season campaign to a close with a two-game road series at No. 3 Miami (Ohio) this weekend. Barring a date in the postseason, it will mark the final time the in-state rivals meet as members of the Central Collegiate Hockey Association. The league, which began in 1971, will disband after this season. OSU is set to join the six-team Big Ten Conference in its inaugural hockey season, and Miami will move to the National Collegiate Hockey Conference. The series carries large implications for both squads. Miami sits on top of the 11-team CCHA and two points will secure its fourth CCHA regular-season title. In contrast, OSU owns only one league championship (1972) in the conference’s 42-year existence. Sophomore forward Tanner Fritz said this weekend and the ensuing playoffs are great opportunities to make a statement as a program. “(The RedHawks) have been dominating this league for quite a few years now. That’s what OSU hockey wants to do,” Fritz said. “I think we’re pushing the pace for that this year. In years to come, OSU hockey is going to be on the map.” OSU, sitting in a tie for fourth with Ferris State, will face the Bulldogs in the quarterfinal round of the CCHA Tournament regardless of this weekend’s results. Whichever team earns more points will host the second-round matchup. Ferris State will play two games at Michigan over the weekend. Miami and OSU have already faced-off three times this season. The RedHawks took five of six points in a CCHA series in December, before beating the Buckeyes in the Three Rivers Classic, 1-0. “We’ve had three tight games against Miami, we want to go down there and win some hockey games and try to get home ice,” said associate head coach Steve Rohlik. In 185 minutes of play against Miami this year, OSU has only scored twice. The Buckeyes are not the only team that Miami has suffocated on offense this season. The RedHawks lead the nation in team defense, allowing a stingy 1.56 goals per game. Freshman goalie Ryan McKay has the best save percentage (.962) and goals against average (1.0570) in the country. OSU rode its own stalwart defending for much of the season. But since junior defenseman Curtis Gedig’s injury against Notre Dame on Feb. 1, the Buckeyes have given up an average of 3.4 goals per game. Barring any setbacks, Gedig will return to action this weekend to strengthen the blue line. “(Gedig) has been out skating this week; I expect him to be full-go this weekend,” Rohlik said. “Having Curtis back this weekend will be a big boost for us.” The series will be the last opportunity for OSU sophomore forward Ryan Dzingel and senior goalie Brady Hjelle to showcase their talents before the current round of voting for the Hobey Baker Award ends on March 10. The teammates are two of 77 candidates for college hockey’s most prestigious individual award. After being swept by Michigan last weekend, OSU freshman defenseman Sam Jardine said a better effort is crucial for his team this weekend. “It needs to be a playoff environment for us, and we need to be desperate,” Jardine said. Game one of the two-game series is set for Friday at 7:35 p.m. in Oxford, Ohio. read more

Herrera confident De Gea will remain at United

first_imgManchester United midfielder Ander Herrera is confident star goalkeeper and Real Madrid target David de Gea will remain with the Red Devils as a result of the love of the supporters of the club.There have been reports of a move for Spain international De Gea to European champions Madrid after a transfer to the Santiago Bernabeu fell through in 2015.Man Utd team-mate Herrera thinks the loyalty of United’s fans will make De Gea remain at Old Trafford.harry maguire, manchester UnitedMaguire says United need to build on today’s win George Patchias – September 14, 2019 Harry Maguire wants his United teammates to build on the victory over Leicester City.During the summer, Harry Maguire was referred to as the ultimate…“I remember that difficult summer when everyone was talking about Real Madrid and he played the first game at Old Trafford and everyone was singing his name and he told me ‘this is amazing, they are the best’,” said Herrera via FourFourTwo.“He can be very calm but he’s the best. He will show it again. He’s the best keeper I’ve ever seen in my life and he is with us so we have more chances to win titles.”last_img read more

Rodrigo Moreno fondly remembers England

first_imgThe Valencia footballer was in the English Premier League for only one year, but he believes he learned a lot at Bolton WanderersBrazil-born attacker Rodrigo Moreno has been with Spanish La Liga club Valencia since 2015.He has played in 88 matches, scoring 24 goals.But to get there, he had to pass through England one whole year, after being loaned to Bolton Wanderers in the 2010-2011 season.In an interview with The Guardian, the Spain national team footballer talked about his days in England.David Villa, SpainQuiz: How much do you know about David Villa? Boro Tanchev – September 14, 2019 Time to test your knowledge about Spanish legendary forward David Villa.“England was good to me,” he said.“Most of it was, anyway. You go to England, you know the physical demands – you’ve got no choice but to adapt and that makes you grow. Working there daily helped. I enjoyed it.”“I liked it a lot. Bolton’s a small place and people live totally differently to Spain, but we were there to play football and the club looked after us,” he added.“Before Benfica appeared, Bolton were interested in signing me. I chose Benfica because they were in the Champions League but I knew I’d have a few chances in the first year. I was due to go on loan to a Portuguese side but Bolton was a really interesting option. The Premier League is much stronger.”last_img read more

Napoli confirms interest in Krunic

first_imgEmpoli president Fabrizio Corsi has talked about how the Italian Lega Serie A squad wants to buy Rade Krunic and Hamed TraoreThere have been many rumors about Italian Lega Serie A club Napoli wanting to acquire the services of Rade Krunic and Hamed Traore from Empoli.And today Empoli president Fabrizio Corsi spoke to Radio Kiss Kiss, as quoted by Football Italia, to confirm the interest for those two players.“[Napoli director of sports Cristiano] Giuntoli likes Krunic and we have talked about him, exchanging opinions,” Corsi said.Transfer: Africa Cup of Nations winner joins Milan George Patchias – August 5, 2019 AC Milan has signed Algerian star Ismael Bennacer.The African Cup of Nations winner and a key member of the Algerian national team has completed…“He knows how to value individual players.”“We also talked about Traore, who was born in 2000 and already has so much character on the field,” he added.“I think Ismael Bennacer can do great things, as he is like Lucas Torreira, but with more quality.”last_img read more